Liability coverage on trailers is tied to the tow vehicle (your car).   As required by law, you will have liability coverage on the trailer through your existing auto policy.  Most auto insurers just require that you contact them prior to your trip and they will provide you with printed proof of liability coverage called a “Binder” that you must email to us or bring with you on your day of departure.